How to Choose the Best Bathroom Faucet
Kohler bath faucets offer countless style, installation and finish options to choose from to help you create an inviting and functional space. Complete your daily routines with ease when you have a bath faucet that coordinates with the design of your bathroom fixtures and overall style.
Need some inspiration to get started? Check out our product inspiration and get your mind flowing with ideas.
Begin by examining your space:
What type of bath do you have? Is your bathtub larger than the average bath? Does it have a vintage or modern aesthetic? Will you need an ADA-compliant bath faucet? These factors will determine the faucet options that are available to you.
Determine the best bathroom faucet installation:
Before choosing the style and finish, determine which faucet installation will work best with your bath. Below are some of the installation types to choose from:
DECK-MOUNT BATH FAUCETS
- The term “deck” refers to a ledge on or adjacent to the bath; it’s typically part of the bath itself or a separate component constructed of stone or tile
- Compatible with most drop-in and under-mount baths as well as some freestanding baths
WALL-MOUNT BATH FAUCETS
- Keeps deck uncluttered for a clean look
- Compatible with all bathtub types, but you will need to ensure the spout is long enough to reach from the wall to the bath
FLOOR-MOUNT BATH FAUCETS
- Coordinates with freestanding baths
- Features an integrated handshower for added convenience
- Single-handle models easily control water temperature and volume
CEILING-MOUNT BATH FAUCETS
- Coordinates with any style bath
- Delivers a visually stunning smooth and splash-free stream of water
- Features a pressure-compensating flow control to deliver a clear column of water
Choose your bathtub faucet design:
How do you want the style of your faucet to coordinate with your bathroom? Bathtub faucets are available in an array of design styles, finishes, and configurations with a range of handle options. As you choose your handles, you may want to consider ease of use for children or other individuals. Single-handle faucets control flow and temperature with one handle, while two-handle faucets have one handle for hot water and one for cold. The faucet design should be chosen based on both your preferred style and your functional needs.
LEVER HANDLES BATH FAUCETS
Straight lever handles are the most common type of handle and a great choice for environments that accommodate people of varying abilities.
CROSS HANDLE BATH FAUCETS
Handles that feature a wheel-shaped cross are typically featured on two-handle faucets. These spoked handles are particularly easy to use with wet hands.
OVAL HANDLE BATH FAUCETS
Oval-shaped handles are featured on both single- and two-handle faucets. The oval handles are much like knobs and turn easily in the palm of your hand.
Choose your bathroom faucet finish:
The faucet finish you choose – either warm or cool, brushed or polished – will help to shape the mood of your space. Kohler bath faucets are available in a wide range of finishes that coordinate with all types of sink faucets and accessories.
Consider choosing from a faucet family to give the whole space a cohesive feel. Faucet families offer a range of sink faucet configurations, showering components, and even decorative accessories like towel bars and toilet tissue holders to coordinate your entire bathroom using the same style and finish.